Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct apply to all employees and officers of Kaset Phol Sugar Ltd. (including its head office and factories, the “Company”).
COMPLY WITH LAW AND REGULATION
- Employees and Officers should comply with all applicable laws and regulations, whether domestic or overseas, and should conduct themselves in an ethical and responsible manner in the communities in which they perform their duties for the Company.
RESPECT OF HUMAN RIGHT & CULTURAL DIVERSITY
- Employees and Officers should respect the cultures, customs and history of every country with which they are brought into contact while performing their duties for the Company.
- Employees and Officers should respect human rights and should not discriminate between persons based on reasons of race, creed, sex, social status, religion, nationality, age or bodily or mental disability.
TREATMENT OF THE COMPANY’S INFORMATION
- Employees and Officers should hold any secret information of the Company as strictly confidential and should not divulge such information to any third party, nor should they use the same for any purpose other than that of the business of the Company.
RESPECT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW
- Employees and Officers should not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, include using the copying of computer software, without express permission of such third party.
GIFTS & ENTERTAINMENT
- Employees and Officers should not render public officials or persons in a similar position any economic favor such as money, inappropriate gift or other favor in order to obtain or retain business or other improper advantage.
- Employees and Officers should not pay any agent, advisor or consultant any commission which they have reason to know will be used for influencing public officials or persons in a similar position in an unlawful manner.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
- Employees and Officers should not participate in any activity or association which creates or appears to create a conflict between his or her personal interest and the Company’s business interest.
- Employees and Officers should not use the Company’s property, assets or information system for any purpose other than that the Company’s business, except where specifically allowed by the relevant internal regulations of the Company.
- Employees and Officers should not, without the prior consent of the Company, be engaged in the occupation which may impact to job responsibility or the Company’s business interest or Company’s reputation.
ENVIRONMENT IN WORKPLACE
- Employees and Officers should respect each other in order that they may perform their tasks for the Company to the best of their ability and make every effort to ensure that the office is an open and comfortable working environment.
- Employees and Officers should not disturb the discipline, environment and good order of the office by conduct of such as sexual harassment and power harassment.
PROTECTION OF ENVIRONMENT
- Employees and Officers should comply with all laws and regulations concerning the protection of the environment and make every effort to be informed and aware of environmental issues concerning the Company and its business.
- All business undertaken by the Company should be conducted in accordance with the laws and regulations concerning the protection of the environment.
- Every effort should be made to try to ensure, so far as reasonably possible, that the Company’s business does not cause damage to the environment, and the relevant Employees and Officers should always conduct an environmental assessment to ensure that this is the case.
ACTION AGAINST ANTISOCIAL GROUP
- In the situation where an antisocial group makes unreasonable demands on the Company, Employees and Officers should firmly refuse such demands and should not resort to an easy monetary settlement.
CORPORATE ASSET AND FUND
- Employees and Officers should not use the assets or funds of the Company for any illegally purpose, nor should they establish or maintain undisclosed or unrecorded assets or funds.
- Whistleblowing system is the reporting system Employees can use when employees find illegal act, corruption or misconduct in the workplace. The Company can get the information and can correct such act immediately and take preventive steps through this system.
- The Company will not tolerate the detrimental treatment to any employee who has submitted a report/ or sought advice in good faith, or cooperated in an investigation.